At the Department of Cellular Neurophysiology (Prof. Rettig, CIPMM) of the Medical School of the Saarland University/Campus Homburg, the position of a Scientific Assistant is available with immediate effect (E13 TV- L, limited initially to 1 year with the possibility of extension).
Field of work:
We are a university research and teaching institute (Institute of Physiology), where a dedicated, successful and international team investigates the cellular mechanisms of exocytosis in cytotoxic T cells using genetic engineering methods, FACS and high-end microscopy techniques (STED, SIM, TIRFM, Confocal Microscopy). We are looking for a Scientific Assistant who will participate in university teaching in the subject of preclinical medicine, but most importantly to be a central collaborator in a project (ATTACK) funded by the European Research Commission (ERC). This project is investigating the release of supramolecular attack particles (SMAPs), which are part of the arsenal of T cells in fighting tumor cells. For more information, please visit our websites: https://cipmm.uni-saarland.de/index.php/en/ag-rettig and https://www.supramolecular-attack-particles.eu/.
- Working independently on scientific questions within the framework of an ERC-funded research project using a comprehensive range of methods from molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology (cloning, protein expression, Western blot, FACS, ELISA, fluorescence microscopy, etc.)
- Development of new concepts to complement the state of the art
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Presentation of achieved results at scientific congresses and internal meetings
- Collaboration in national and international research projects (e.g. experimental investigations and collaboration on reports)
- Co-supervision of young scientists (e.g. bachelor and master students, PhD students)
- Assumption of responsibilities in the laboratory
- Preparation of and collaboration on scientific publications
- Participation in the training of physicians in preclinical teaching in physiology
- PhD in the field of cell biology or immunology.
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology techniques (cloning, protein expression, western blot, FACS, ELISA, fluorescence microscopy).
- Ideally, you have knowledge of CRISPR/Cas genome editing and experience using the technique on primary cultures.
- Ability to work in a team and a high level of commitment.
- You are able to design your own research and communicate the obtained experimental results.
- You enjoy scientific work and university teaching.
- We are an international working group with employees from many nations. Therefore, we expect very good written and oral communication skills in English.
We offer :
- Flexible working time models for a better compatibility of family and career
- Extensive training and continuing education opportunities
- Attractive offers as part of the company health management, such as university sports
- Additional pension plan (RZVK)
- Discounted ticket for public transportation (job ticket)
How to apply:
We look forward to receiving your meaningful online application (in one PDF file) by 7 November 2021 to Ute.Becherer@uni-saarland.de. It should contain a complete curriculum vitae with transcripts of your certificates (grades included), a list of your publications and conference contributions, a letter of motivation and the addresses of two references.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us (PD Dr. Ute Becherer, Institute of Physiology, Phone 06841 161 6409)